Browse and buy interesting and relevant books relating to Switzerland and GenevaRead More...
Swiss Postal Codes and the Post Office
How to send your post to the correct address in Switzerland...
Swiss Post is the national postal service in Switzerland. It has a comprehensive English-language website for people moving to or living in Switzerland, with information on mailing letters and parcels, banking services, tariffs and tracing mail and parcels.
- For information on all Swisspost postal services: Click here
- For information on PostFinance bank accounts: Click here
- To find the address of the local post office: Click here and enter a postcode in the Search for Post offices box
Swisspost Customer Service line has an English-speaking service open Monday to Friday 07:00 to 19:00 and Saturday 08:00 to 13:00.
- Tel: 0848 888 888
Postcodes in Switzerland
Switzerland uses a four digit postal code (Liechtenstein is also part of the system).
The postal code areas do not correlate directly with canton boundaries.
The prefix CH- is often used on international mail within Europe to designate Swiss postal codes.
- To find a post code in Switzerland see the Swiss Post website
Addresses in Switzerland are often formatted as follows:
M Dupont Jean
Rue de Valais, 2
- The house or apartment number appears after the name of the street
- The postal code appears before the town name
- Swiss letterboxes are all set in/on walls
Post can be forwarded to a new Swiss address for a period of one year. This service can be requested at the local post office, or it can be arranged online. Contact Swisspost at least three working days before the move.
- For information on forwarding mail: Click here
For over two decades, Citibank IPB Singapore has helped international clients diversify and... Find out more...
Moving abroad? Get top quality international health insurance from CIGNA Global Health Options.... Find out more...