Swiss Postal Codes and the Post Office
How to send your post to the correct address in Switzerland...
Swiss Post is the national postal service in Switzerland. It has a comprehensive English-language website for people moving to or living in Switzerland, with information on mailing letters and parcels, banking services, tariffs and tracing mail and parcels.
- For information on all Swisspost postal services: Click here
- For information on PostFinance bank accounts: Click here
- To find the address of the local post office: Click here and enter a postcode in the Search for Post offices box
Swisspost Customer Service line has an English-speaking service open Monday to Friday 07:00 to 19:00 and Saturday 08:00 to 13:00.
- Tel: 0848 888 888
Postcodes in Switzerland
Switzerland uses a four digit postal code (Liechtenstein is also part of the system).
The postal code areas do not correlate directly with canton boundaries.
The prefix CH- is often used on international mail within Europe to designate Swiss postal codes.
- To find a post code in Switzerland see the Swiss Post website
Addresses in Switzerland are often formatted as follows:
M Dupont Jean
Rue de Valais, 2
- The house or apartment number appears after the name of the street
- The postal code appears before the town name
- Swiss letterboxes are all set in/on walls
Post can be forwarded to a new Swiss address for a period of one year. This service can be requested at the local post office, or it can be arranged online. Contact Swisspost at least three working days before the move.
- Find further information about forwarding mail