New topic on 03/07/2015 at 12:26
New topic on 03/07/2015 at 10:56
Discussed on 30/06/2015 at 14:14
English-Language Cinema in Geneva
Full listings of what's on at the movies today, and in the near future. The cinema programmes from Geneva to Lausanne, Vaud, Valais, Neuchatel, Jura, Fribourg, not forgetting the French cinemas across the border in Ain and Haute-Savoie...
- For comprehensive listings of all movies showing in the Swiss areas of Geneva, Vaud, Valais, Neuchâtel, Jura, Fribourg in English: Click here
- For comprehensive listings (in French) of all movies showing in the French part of Switzerland: Click here
- For comprehensive listings of all movies showing in the French départements of Ain (01) and Haute-Savoie (74) try Cinéfil or AlloCiné. These guides are updated weekly on Wednesday mornings.
Movies shown in their original language are listed as being in VO (version originale). It is always a good idea to check with the cinema to verify that a movie is being shown in VO.
- Be aware that a movie may be in VO but in a language other than English - it is always a good idea to check the film's language with the Internet Movie Database, a complete resource where you can also find out more about the film, its director, the actors and even read reviews and see what awards have been won.
|Switzerland||This week's films from cinemas.ch|
|France||This week's films from Cinefil|
|For the Internet Movie Database: Click here|
The Ciné Pass is a card that can be bought which allows reduced tickets prices to all screenings at independent cinemas in Geneva. It is valid for one year. The card is sold at the participating cinemas and some other outlets (see the website for details); take a recent passport-sized identity photograph when buying the card.
- For information on the participating cinemas: Click here (in French)